Feeling a little drained of energy lately? It seems like these days it has become commonplace for people to constantly complain about how tired they feel. Between our fast-paced schedules, low-quality diets and heaping amounts of stress; it’s no wonder that people are so exhausted much of the time. Luckily, CBD can provide a solution to this problem. But how does CBD give you energy?
The cannabinoids, along with all the other brilliant ingredients found in CBD, have the potential to boost your energy levels, enhance your immune system and reduce inflammation.
And as an added benefit, CBD can help you achieve this without any mind-altering or psychoactive effects.
CBD can be a great addition to anyone’s diet. It can have wonderful health benefits even for those who aren’t battling with an illness or health problem. It can recharge your battery and make sure that you are optimized to function at full power!
Can CBD Give You Energy?
Cannabinoids have been receiving a lot of attention and CBD is making strides in the world of health and wellness.
When your physical, mental or social energy levels take a hit, CBD can help you to pick up the broken pieces to restore your strength.
CBD can energize your mind as well as your body, which makes this all-natural supplement the ideal remedy for declining energy levels.
What Is Fatigue?
Let’s face it; it’s quite normal to feel a little tired every now an then. However, if you are constantly feeling worn-out or drained, you may be headed for a crash.
Extreme tiredness or fatigue that lasts for long periods can mess with your happiness and your productivity.
Fatigue is an extremely disabling problem. It can be a common feature of various medical conditions, but it can also become a distinct condition in and of itself.
Fatigue comes in many forms. It can look like:
In other words, you may be tired physically and therefore, unable to complete your daily tasks.
Or you may feel mentally exhausted or have trouble concentrating. Additionally, you could feel like you don’t have the motivation to get going.
Not many people know this, but fatigue is an adaptive mechanism that signals our bodies to rest.
This may happen to prevent injury or complete exhaustion. Sometimes, however, the whole adaptive function is lost, and the fatigue may become disabling.
Chronic fatigue can have a significant impact on your life quality as it can impact how you get from day to day.
It can also affect how you interact with other people that may cause damage to your social life.
Moreover, people who struggle with pathological fatigue often find it difficult to put what they are experiencing into words that someone else will understand.
As a result, their symptoms sometimes go unrecognized, and the nature of their pain is usually misunderstood.
What Causes Fatigue?
Before we can discuss how CBD increases energy levels, we need to take a look at why we get so tired in the first place.
You may be surprised at how many things can mess with your energy levels. Let’s look at a few. 
How Does CBD Increase Energy Levels?
Various factors can zap your energy and leave you feeling like you just don’t have the strength to make it through the day.
You may be shocked by how your lifestyle and the habits that you consider as a part of normal daily living, can be among the top culprits.
CBD for Anxiety and Stress
Anxiety and stress can drain your energy fast. Even though anxiety is generally expected only to affect people on an emotional level, it can have some serious physical effects as well.
If you experience stress or anxiety daily, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you're in trouble.
However, if your stress levels start to get out of control or if you suffer from chronic stress, you need to do something about it.
Emotional exhaustion is usually the result of long periods of chronic stress, and eventually, this could affect your overall health. “Burnout” can catch you by surprise.
But, even though you might feel stuck at a dead end, there’s still something you can do about it. 
To beat the effects of “burnout,” you can make certain changes to your lifestyle. One thing you could try is adding CBD to your supplement list.
Studies have shown that CBD could have a calming effect on people who suffer from stress and anxiety. Scientists are also looking into the possible use of CBD as a treatment to reduce anxiety. 
Depression and CBD
Depression can make even the most simple activities feel impossible to accomplish. If you suffer from depression, you might feel sad or depressed for the largest part of the day.
Along with this, you could feel exhausted to the point where you find it difficult to get up in the morning.
You see, depression comes along with several symptoms that can cause fatigue. First off, you may simply feel exhausted emotionally and physically.
Secondly, you may have trouble sleeping, or you may be oversleeping, which can both affect your sleep-wake cycle.
Moreover, your appetite may take a hit, and you could end up eating way too little. Without the fuel necessary to get you through the day (AKA food), your energy levels will start to decline and eventually you’ll become exhausted. 
It has been established that fatigue is a common feature of depression. As much as 90% of people who suffer from major depression have reported that they are fatigued. 
CBD can help you get out of the downward spiral of depression that you’ve fallen into.
Several studies have shown that CBD can have a very positive effect on depression and related symptoms.
Interestingly, it activates the “happiness receptors” in your central nervous system that are associated with depression. 
Another great aspect of using CBD for depression is that won’t leave you feeling drugged.
Also, it won’t make you gain weight or experience any of the other unpleasant side-effects of depression medications.
Benefits of CBD for Sleep
Poor quality sleep can lead to fatigue, especially if it's ongoing. A lack of sleep can prevent you from functioning as well as you normally would.
Another thing that could be disrupting your sleep is an unbalanced sleep cycle.
If you are constantly fatigued, you may find it difficult to complete your usual tasks, and it could even become dangerous.
It's unsafe to be on the road with high levels of fatigue and sleepiness.
CBD can help to reset your sleep cycle. It can help you fall asleep faster, and as an added benefit, it can relax your mind.
Additionally, it can reduce stress, which can leave you rolling around while you are supposed to be getting some quality sleep. 
CBD for Inflammation
Fatigue can be tricky to treat because it can be rooted in various conditions that can be caused by numerous things.
One specific issue that is associated with fatigue is inflammation and the trouble it can cause for your health.
Under normal circumstances, inflammation is the first line of defence that your body uses to fight infections or injuries.
In other words, it's a beneficial response. However, when inflammation becomes chronic, it can get dangerous.
It has been established that inflammation can even cause fatigue. 
CBD can help to lower inflammation in your body to reduce fatigue and lessen the chances that you could develop inflammation-related diseases.
Nutrition and CBD
It is important that we receive the correct nutrients daily. If your nutrition is lacking, you may end up feeling drained and eventually you could become chronically fatigued.
To get the proper nutrients, it's important that you eat a balanced diet filled with all the nutrients you need to function at an optimal level.
The truth is, however, that even if we give it our best effort, we can still end up missing some of those key nutrients.
Moreover, certain conditions of the intestinal tract can make it harder for our bodies to digest and take up these nutrients properly.
Poor digestion can be the result of inflammation or an imbalance in gut bacteria, among other things. 
Studies have indicated that the endocannabinoid system is involved in the correct functioning of the GIT and that it can even have an effect on the balance of your gut bacteria.
Additionally, CBD can help with inflammation, that is the main factor in certain inflammatory bowel conditions. 
Chronic Pain and CBD
Chronic pain can be exhausting, and it can certainly cause chronic fatigue. Pain can disturb your sleep and deal with chronic pain can feel like a full-time job.
CBD oil can help with your pain so that you can go back to living your life. Several studies have shown that CBD can act as an all-natural painkiller.
How CBD Oil Works In The Body
All of the cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant work in the body by activating certain responses.
They bind to the receptors in a regulatory system that goes by the name “endocannabinoid system” or ECS.
CBD works slightly differently, however, as it affects substances that bind to the receptors in the ECS.
These can also include substances that are already present in our bodies. They then exert their actions in the ECS and other places. 
Scientists have also discovered that CBD could affect other systems that are not related to the ECS.
These mechanisms may be responsible for certain potential clinical effects of cannabidiol. 
CBD Oil for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome or CFS is a difficult-to-treat chronic illness. The experts argue that it is caused by an imbalance of various systems throughout our bodies.
CBD is now being studied for its applications in numerous health conditions, which is one of the reasons why people suffering from CFS are interested in CBD oil.
Some other reasons why CBD is being considered for chronic fatigue syndrome include:
CBD has shown promising results in the treatment of pain, inflammation and neuroinflammation.
It is regarded as a safe treatment option that can especially help people who don’t want to deal with the side-effects of medications.
But is CBD an effective treatment option for this condition? Seeing as many consider CFS to be an inflammatory condition, CBD could have some potential benefits for it, and it is worth exploring further. 
Finding the Best CBD Oil
The best quality of CBD oil is considered to be a superfood. These oils are filled with healing anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory powers that can rejuvenate your body and boost your health.
To make sure you get the best, you have to source it from the best producers. These are suppliers that have a great reputation and who are willing to provide you with the information you need to make an informed choice about CBD dietary supplements.
CBD Can Help Boost Your Energy
If you are constantly low on energy levels, don’t try a quick fix, because, in the long run, this can be more harmful than good for you.
Unlike stimulants, like caffeine, CBD is not something that will give you an immediate energy spike.
Instead, it will help to tackle the causes of fatigue to ensure that you have enough energy to keep you going at your best.
Small adjustments to your daily lifestyle can help to reduce your stress levels as well as your anxiety drastically.
By making CBD oil products part of your diet, you can look forward to sustained energy levels throughout the day.
Make the best of the benefits of CBD oil for energy and focus. Recharge your body’s battery!
- Torres-Harding, S., & Jason, L. A. (2005). What is fatigue? History and epidemiology. Fatigue as a window to the brain, 1, 3-17.
- Van Dam, A. (2016). Subgroup analysis in burnout: relations between fatigue, anxiety, and depression. Frontiers in psychology, 7, 90.
- Bergamaschi, M. M., Queiroz, R. H. C., Chagas, M. H. N., De Oliveira, D. C. G., De Martinis, B. S., Kapczinski, F., ... & Martín-Santos, R. (2011). Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naive social phobia patients. Neuropsychopharmacology, 36(6), 1219.
- Crippa, J. A. S., Derenusson, G. N., Ferrari, T. B., Wichert-Ana, L., Duran, F. L., Martin-Santos, R., ... & Filho, A. S. (2011). Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in generalized social anxiety disorder: a preliminary report. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 25(1), 121-130.
- Ghanean, H., Ceniti, A. K., & Kennedy, S. H. (2018). Fatigue in patients with major depressive disorder: prevalence, burden and pharmacological approaches to management. CNS Drugs, 32(1), 65-74.
- R de Mello Schier, A., P de Oliveira Ribeiro, N., S Coutinho, D., Machado, S., Arias-Carrión, O., A Crippa, J., ... & C Silva, A. (2014). Antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol: a chemical compound of Cannabis sativa. CNS & Neurological Disorders-Drug Targets (Formerly Current Drug Targets-CNS & Neurological Disorders), 13(6), 953-960.
- Sales, A. J., Fogaça, M. V., Sartim, A. G., Pereira, V. S., Wegener, G., Guimarães, F. S., & Joca, S. R. (2019). Cannabidiol induces rapid and sustained antidepressant-like effects through increased BDNF signalling and synaptogenesis in the prefrontal cortex. Molecular neurobiology, 56(2), 1070-1081.
- Goldman, S. E., Ancoli-Israel, S., Boudreau, R., Cauley, J. A., Hall, M., Stone, K. L., ... & Newman, A. B. (2008). Sleep problems and associated daytime fatigue in community-dwelling older individuals. The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, 63(10), 1069-1075.
- Murillo-Rodríguez, E., Millán-Aldaco, D., Palomero-Rivero, M., Mechoulam, R., & Drucker-Colín, R. (2006). Cannabidiol, a constituent of Cannabis sativa, modulates sleep in rats. FEBS letters, 580(18), 4337-4345.
- Murillo-Rodríguez, E., Sarro-Ramírez, A., Sánchez, D., Mijangos-Moreno, S., Tejeda-Padrón, A., Poot-Aké, A., ... & Arias-Carrión, O. (2014). Potential effects of cannabidiol as a wake-promoting agent. Current neuropharmacology, 12(3), 269-272.
- Klimas, N. G., Broderick, G., & Fletcher, M. A. (2012). Biomarkers for chronic fatigue. Brain, behaviour, and immunity, 26(8), 1202-1210.
- Bower, J. E., & Lamkin, D. M. (2013). Inflammation and cancer-related fatigue: mechanisms, contributing factors, and treatment implications. Brain, behaviour, and immunity, 30, S48-S57.
- Nagarkatti, P., Pandey, R., Rieder, S. A., Hegde, V. L., & Nagarkatti, M. (2009). Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs. Future medicinal chemistry, 1(7), 1333-1349.
- Werbach, M. R. (2000). Nutritional strategies for treating chronic fatigue syndrome. Alternative Medicine Review, 5(2), 93-108.
- DiPatrizio, N. V. (2016). Endocannabinoids in the Gut. Cannabis and cannabinoid research, 1(1), 67-77.
- De Filippis, D., Esposito, G., Cirillo, C., Cipriano, M., De Winter, B. Y., Scuderi, C., ... & Iuvone, T. (2011). Cannabidiol reduces intestinal inflammation through the control of neuroimmune axis. PLoS One, 6(12), e28159.
- Elikottil, J., Gupta, P., & Gupta, K. (2009). The analgesic potential of cannabinoids. Journal of opioid management, 5(6), 341.
- Cuñetti, L., Manzo, L., Peyraube, R., Arnaiz, J., Curi, L., & Orihuela, S. (2018, March). Chronic pain treatment with cannabidiol in kidney transplant patients in Uruguay. In Transplantation proceedings (Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 461-464). Elsevier.
- Russo, E. B. (2011). Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid‐terpenoid entourage effects. British journal of pharmacology, 163(7), 1344-1364.
- Bih, C. I., Chen, T., Nunn, A. V., Bazelot, M., Dallas, M., & Whalley, B. J. (2015). Molecular targets of cannabidiol in neurological disorders. Neurotherapeutics, 12(4), 699-730.